Sunday, November 23, 2008

Christmas Treasures from the Thrift Store


Hello!

I hope you're doing well and ready to stuff yourself on Thursday and shop-till-you-drop on Friday. This time of year, I crave pumpkin pie (especially for breakfast with a cup of coffee). Well, I couldn't wait until Thursday and made one today 4-days-early (to the excitement of the guys in my house). It totally hit the spot with a dollop of whipped creme and will be even better in the morning!

I stopped at the thrift store on the way home from work on Friday and found the cutest Christmas treasures. A few will stay home-for-the-holidays at my house, but most will go to the antique mall and wait patiently to be adopted by other vintage loving gals like myself.

The first is a 1960s vintage plastic light-up Santa (I remember these. Maybe you do too!)

An adorable 1960s metal snowman tray with white rick-rack and red plaid and polka-dot trim. The deal of the year-a beautiful cast iron ornate red tree stand (for $6.99)!

A cheerful Christmas tablecloth with red rick-rack trim. It would be sooooo cute on the kid's table.
A pretty hand embroidered Dutch Christmas linen that says, "Boas Festas" (Happy Holidays).
I was feeling festive and put up my tiny red Christmas tree with silver and white penguins and black sparkly balls. It's not too early is it?
Have a good night and get some rest. You'll need it this week!
Di

No comments: