Friday, September 11, 2009

A Woman's Prerogative

Hello,

It's a woman's prerogative to change her mind on many things: outfits, fav color, milk or dark chocolate, men, and of course-her home decor. Just ask my husband, who has humored me and smiled through my sunflower, 70s, country, and now what I'll call "shabby modern" decor phase (modern with a mix of vintage). Shortly after I posted about redoing my living room with new black & white vintage Boise pics I got at a yard sale, I decided the layout just wasn't working. An avid watcher of HGTV, I realized I lacked a focal point or what they call the "wow" factor in the room. Being on a budget (like most Americans right now), I looked around the house to see what I already owned that could be moved to the large focal point wall.

On an opposite wall, I had a large mirror found at the thrift store I had painted black, and in another room I had a set of black ornate metal flower plaques. I moved those over to the main wall, rearranged the sofa so it's facing the window (opened up the room a bit), and moved the black and whites on the far wall. When I was done-Wa La! New cute room with a little more "wow" factor. I hope you like it.

P.S.-My walls are a bright, cheerful yellow that makes the black pop, but the color doesn't show up in these pics.









Sweet dreams of redecorating, redecorating and redecorating!

Di

No comments: