Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ooh La La Decorating!

I strolled lazily through the Puces de Vanves sipping my café latte while munching on a flaky buttery croissant. “Bonjour,” I called out to the old weathered man at the back of the booth. He smiled slightly as I spied a set of battered blue and white kitchen canisters with the words, “Farine”, “Café”, “Sucre” and “Pates” in faded black letters on the front. Trying to contain my excitement I asked nonchalantly, “Combien ça?” (How much is that?). But he was seasoned and saw the tiny twinkle in my eye. He replied back in broken English with a price equal to a week’s salary. I sighed as I bid him and the canisters farewell and moved on to the next booth. I’ve been to this Paris flea market so many times-IN MY DREAMS!

Alas, I’ve only been to Paris in my dreams! I love to collect Eiffel Towers and hope someday to see it in person-especially at night when its 20,000 lights sparkle and illuminate the sky for as far as you can see. The following pics I took of romantic decorating at the Antique World Mall and The Shabby House (in Boise) remind me of what I might find at a Paris flea market. Hope you enjoy your little bit of Paris today!

Your Paris apartment wouldn't be complete without a sparkly chandelier. This one sits inside a gold frame.

The entrance to your tiny Paris apartment would be through an ancient wood door like this one.

A turquoise and gold shelf could hold all your pretty collections.

This chandelier hangs cleverly from the middle of a fabulous white weathered door.

Before going to a play or the opera, you could primp at your faded blue dressing table.

This chandelier hangs from a tent outside giving instant glamour to the ordinary.

Tea with your best girlfriends would only be served with your good silver!

Black adds drama and flare to your French decorating scheme!
This worn window may have come from a church or old farmhouse in the country.

A wardrobe would be a necessity in your Paris apartment as closets and space are nonexistant.


This French chest would hold all of your special treasures.

au revoir!

Di

No comments: