Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cake Plates


Hello,

Cake plates are fun and give a funky 50s feel to your kitchen. I found the perfect sparkly silver one above around Christmas (of course I wasn't suppose to be buying anything for me) and just couldn't pass it up! It took me a few months of searching thrift shops and Goodwill to find a ribbed glass top to complete it (for only $2.00).

I keep it on the counter of my kitchen-tempting those at the bar to order up a slice of chocolate cake or cherry pie! If you're in the neighborhood, stop by for a slice. And don't forget to tip!


This cute iron waitress can serve up a tiny cupcake, single truffle, or in this case-a small silver bottle of absolute.

A weathered red and black Cafeteria sign hangs above the wine rack. A model train loops around the top of the kitchen past the Eiffel Tower and the Golden Gate bridge. We bought the train when my son was little at Christmas to go around the tree. I decided it would be fun to enjoy year round, so after convincing my husband (he's such a good sport), we mounted the track and a bridge above the kitchen. It's fun to have running at parties with the search light on and the engine smoking!

Have a great night!

Di

1 comment:

Tonia Lee Smith said...

I love the little waitress.