Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Yard Sale Treasures

It catches your eye in the distance on the street corner ahead-it's dazzling bright pink, yellow, or neon green color makes your heart skip a beat. You squint hard. Is it really true? As you close the distance, you realize it's not a dream. You're car goes on auto-pilot and switches lanes. It doesn't matter if you're on the way to work, church, or to pick-up the dog, you will follow until you reach your destination. So is the magnetic pull of the fist yard sale sign of the season!

My bf Beri and I set out this past chilly Saturday in hopes of spotting just such a sign. Loaded up on coffee and Girl Scout Thin Mints, we were not disappointed. Here's a few Spring treasures we found along the way-all for under $10!

A weathered white watering can with sky blue trim.

A 1950s boy's blue jumper with puppy dog.

A Peter Rabbit Golden Book with a furry white bunny friend.

A tiny elf and yellow swan planter.

A charming squirrel shaker sits on the top of a shabby white shelf.
Have a good night!
Di

1 comment:

Thompson Tales said...

Hi Di....I am Diana Thompson (Mike Thompsons wife, he calls me Princess Di...)...he told me about your blog, so I just had to look, I love it!! Looks like you and I love the same things, anything french, black accents, urns, etc...You have an adorable blog..would it be okay to add your blog to my favorites???