Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Shabby French Door Divider

You can make a pretty room divider out of an old, weathered door. I made mine out of this adorable skinny french door I found at a sale last Spring. The old farmhouse it belonged to was being sold off (piece-by-piece) and then leveled to make way for a subdivision-what a shame! I arrived 5 minutes too late to snag a beautiful, crystal chandelier, but ran when I saw this treasure out in the yard.

To make the door sturdy, I bought black, metal shelf brackets from Home Depot and screwed them in to the bottom of the door on each side. This allows the door to stand upright and be moved anywhere in the room.

With the warmer weather finally arriving, I've moved mine outdoors. It sits between two chairs with a black tea light holder and sparkly crystals that give the patio a warm, inviting look after dark.

It's super easy. Why don't you give it a try?

On a side note, I have a new little buddy that follows me around the house and yard and jumps in my lap anytime he feels a little scared (like when the giant lab Alaiki walks by). His name is Jacks and he's my sons/girlfriends new miniature puppy who I occasionally "babysit" when they are out. He's such a cute little squirt!

Take care,

Di

1 comment:

Roxie said...

LOVE your door idea. Can't wait until I can get out my tools and CREATE!