Friday, February 14, 2014

Hello Old Friends

Hello Everyone,

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I've been away from my blog for quite awhile.  It's been a busy, busy time. Here's a quick recap:

I set up a second home in beautiful, sunny Roseville, CA (think wine country, San Francisco, and sandy beaches - all are about 2 hrs from Roseville).  My husband has semi-retired here and all of our children/grandson are here.  We are working on a new business venture, but I still have to go back-and-forth to Boise for my current "day job".

I also closed up my antique booth at the Antique World Mall in Boise since I won't be there enough to manage it.  It was a hard decision as I loved my little booth.  But those of you who have the antiquing "bug" know it's always with you--and a new treasure is only a yard sale or thrift shop away.

For example, I stumbled upon an adorable shop called The Blue Vignette in Roseville.  It's filled to the rafters with colorful, fun vintage and shabby chic decor and European imports.  They also have classes such as painting with chalk and reclaimed wood art--to name a few.  

The owner Christina and her adorable side-kick MaryPaula were so nice to chat with me for awhile about the shop and classes they offer.  AND they mentioned a flea market in the parking lot every few months where vendors (hmmm....do we know a displaced vendor) can setup and sell their wares for the weekend.  I plan on taking some pics of the shop to post here when I get back to Boise (heading back to work there for 2 weeks).  Here's a link to their website (also added them in my sidebar links).

http://www.thebluevignette.com/

Last, but not least, I've been working on writing a novel. Yes, a novel!  It a fun, ChickLit comedy.  I'm publishing it on Wattpad.  If you're not familiar with Wattpad, it's an awesome free website for writers and readers.  Writers can post finished stories or post chapters as they complete them.  Readers can download the stories on the Wattpad app via smart phone or tablet/laptop and provide feedback and vote for stories as they read.  I just hit 14,000 reads and over 400 votes (and received great feedback on my book so far). It's exciting to do something you love and get acknowledgment that you don't suck at it.

Here's a link to Wattpad and my novel "The Write Choice".

http://www.wattpad.com/story/6366340-the-write-choice

I wish you all the luck in doing what you love and stay tuned for some pics of the adorable Blue Vignette shop next time.

Take care,

Di



No comments: