Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eiffel Tower Centerpiece

Hello,

Happy new year! If you're like me, on New Year's Day you're tired of Christmas (it's been out in the stores since Sept) and are ready to take it all down and stuff it back up in the attic.

Before I do, I wanted to share with you my Eiffel Tower centerpiece I did on my table for Christmas. It's no secret I'm obsessed with Paris and have an obscene amount of Eiffel towers. I will actually be going in mid June for my bday. I hope I don't hyperventilate and pass out when I see it in person!

I used a large Eiffel Tower I found last year at Marshall's (love that store) and put a light-up antique store that was an early Xmas present from my BF underneath. I then surrounded it with green and white trees and busy shoppers running to-and-fro. My favorite part of the display is a chandelier ornament I strung with small battery operated led rice lights (from craft warehouse). It adds that extra whimsical sparkle when the lights are off! The table runner has black French script writing (from Tai Pan).

I think I'll keep the Eiffel Tower up all year and change the display underneath to match the season/holiday (is it too early for valentines day?).

Hope you have a relaxing and renewing day.

Di



No comments: