Thursday, April 10, 2008

Decorating with "Tres Bien" Eiffel Towers!



Nothing conveys romance and glamour better than the iconic image of the Eiffel Tower. You can bring a little bit of France into your home by decorating with vintage or new Eiffel Towers.

I have quite a few of these treasured towers acquired from flea markets, garage sales, Target, and even one from the Goodwill on Haight-Ashbury Street in San Francisco. My husband was pleasantly surprised that among all the expensive boutiques on Haight-Ashbury, I spent most of my time and money (not much money) at the Goodwill store!

Here are a few in my collection:

This one sits high above my kitchen as a model train whisks by in the background to far away exotic locations. The tiny plastic people go about their business headed for the local cafe to munch on croissants or ride their bikes leisurely along the Seine River.






This tiny tower is a small vintage charm from a bracelet and is dwarfed by a kitchen scale and stack of red tea cups.






This small silver tower is actually a Christmas Tree ornament that now resides year round on the lazy susan of my dining table.



Eiffel Towers look especially charming in the garden strung with twinkle lights or entwined with a pretty purple climbing Clematis.











This black tea light tower gives a soft glow on starry summer nights.






To temporarily transport yourself to Paris, check-out the following websites:

http://www.parisdailyphoto.com/

http://www.tour-eiffel.fr/teiffel/uk/

If you'd like to experience life in rural France, check-out my friend Gail's blog. I met her via ebay when I bought some of her wonderful vintage French items for my antique booth. She lives in a mountainous area of France and is remodeling a to-die-for old French stone house.
I'm off to bed to dream of nights in Paris. "Bonne Nuit".
Di

No comments: