Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dreams...........................

Everyone has a dream. A dream can be as grand as being president or as simple as signing up for a class you want to take. You may not even be aware you have a dream. It could show up as a longing to do something your good at or an empty feeling in your heart that something’s missing.


Dreams get sidetracked in the daily scheme of life. We may have good intentions of following our dreams, but work, kids, commitments, or even dusting the house steal our time away.


I’ve always loved to write. I was one of those strange kids that actually liked English class. Creative writing is my favorite. My Mother even saved all of my early stories from Grade School. My dream is to have a Children’s book published. I’ve just finished a new manuscript and am sending it out this week to several Children’s publishers. I came very close to selling my last manuscript, but competition is tough and Children’s publishers receive around 20,000 unsolicited manuscripts every year. But you’ll never know if you don’t try.


My book is titled MORTIMER’S MIDNIGHT MISHAP and is a tall tale of a tiny mouse who doesn’t like to be little. I feel he’s ready to leave the nest (my computer) as he’s been reviewed, rewritten, and revised. So wish Mortimer luck as he heads out of Boise to New York, Boston, Atlanta, Bellevue, and even Honesdale, PA. I’ll keep you posted on his progress.


And if you have a dream, take one small step today toward achieving it. Believe me, the dusting can wait.


Take care,

Di



P.S.-Aliki is feeling a little down that Mortimer is leaving us. He’s enjoyed having another furry pal around to play with. Sitting on the princess chair is making him feel a little better this morning (along with several doggie treats).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi girls! You look like you are having so much fun and you both look beautiful- must be those Ky genes.
I do so wish I was there! I love the blob and may get one myself for my art work. Good luck with your book. I have a children's book too that I want to get published.
Betty, my sweet sister- I showed our little sister the blog and she loved it too.
I cannot wait to see what you are having next Sunday.
Di you sure can decorate and you blog site is wonderful- one of the best I have seen. I guess we in our family all love decorating and art.
See ya next week!
Shirley in Ky- (sister of Betty and Aunt to Diane).