Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

Hello.

Everyone should have at least one item that makes their heart skip a beat when they spot it in the distance at a yard sale and walk/run over, trying not to knock anyone down in the process. Having a collection turns an ordinary garage sale or rummaging through a dusty thrift store bin into a treasure hunt. You never know where that sought after item will pop-up.

I have a few treasures I search for on early Saturday mornings while bleary-eyed and pumped-up with coffee and chocolate donuts. I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite things.

I love Eiffel Towers! They're romantic and make you feel as though you've been whisked away to some far off destination. I found this recent Eiffel Tower at the Idaho Youth Ranch for $1. It stands in front of a large plate with scenes of a French market in my craft/sewing/treasure room.

Every vintage princess should have a tierra! This is the first of what I hope are many future tierra treasures. Even though it's a cheap child's tierra, with fake jewels bought for .25 at a yard sale, it looks fabulous sitting on my chalkboard.
I love vintage snow globes but have never collected them. That is, until I saw this charming New York snow globe. I think a new obsession has been born. My birthday is in June, and I was thrilled to find this cute little June angel with sparkly jewels and pink crown.
Have a great weekend! I'm off to help the twins move into their college dorms.

Take care,

Di

No comments: