Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun French Finds

Hello.

I'm a little under the weather with a horrible cold that makes my head feel as though it will explode at any minute. To distract myself from the Kleenex and NyQuil, I thought I'd share with you some fun French vintage finds that were in my antique booth.

While we're on the topic of the antique booth, a few posts back I mentioned I had closed my booth at the antique mall here in Boise because of the time involved in keeping it stocked and cute. Well, that decision lasted about 4 weeks! I've decided to reopen a smaller space at a larger antique shop (Antique World Mall). I realized I just can't quit this obsession and a smaller space will still allow me to shop for treasures while being more manageable with my full-time job and writing. I move in around the first of Sept and will share pics with you then. Wish me luck!

I bought the following adorable French items from a really sweet lady off of Ebay who was clearing out the stone schoolhouse she was renovating with her husband to be a B&B in a remote area of France. Here's a fabulous picture of the house! Us vintage loving ladies would kill to stay here for even one night!

A vintage French baby dress in pink gingham with yellow duckies looks cheerful hanging on a blue plastic child's hanger while blue and pink French flower canisters sit on an old beauty salon chair. A heavy French blue stoneware pitcher sits on a white wicker shelf next to blue bunny and chick French egg cups and a Lord's Prayer planter.

Other cute miscellaneous items circle the globe.

Have a good night! I'm off to NyQuil land.

Di

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AAhhhhh...I'm sorry you're sick. Colds during the summer just seem so wrong. Hope you feel better soon, and thank you for the award for my blog! Kristin