Sunday, August 17, 2008

Saturday Vintage Finds

Hello.

I hope you're all having a fun weekend full of fabulous yard sales!

I'm a little under the weather this weekend as my cold had turned into a non-stop cough fest, but I did managed to stop by a church benefit sale on my way to the drug store to pick up more NyQuil. I love a benefit sale. You can always find adorable vintage items for practically nothing and the money you do spend goes to help a good cause. Here's a few of the treasures I picked-up for a grand total of $20.00:

A "Knitting for Barbie" kit that includes two knitting needles and balls of yarn (I love the pretty pink and blue package and Barbie's tierra), a jeweled tierra no self-respecting vintage princess should be without, and a silver Eiffel tower to add to my collection.

Two 1930s flower paintings with gold frames and three tiny jeweled angels.
A pretty rose Mother's plaque with pink ribbon and three charming Christmas angel bells.
An assortment of cute vintage cards. I love the "Get Well Soon" card with nurse and hot water bottle and the yellow and pink Baby Shower card.
Last but not least, I bought a few vintage puzzles that had all the pieces and were put together. My favorite is this United States map with fun, cool 50s graphics depicting each state.
Check-out the dancing potatoes on the Idaho piece.

Have a great Sunday!

P.S.-I think I'm going to have super flat abs when this cold is over. All this coughing is giving them a workout!

Take care,

Di

1 comment:

jenscloset said...

Oh you found some great things! The Barbie thing is my fav! My daughter has a huge collection of vintage Barbies, the cases, the clothes, etc.! Isn't it fun hunting for all of these things!?