Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New and Improved (at the antique mall)


Hello!

I've been seriously MIA on Mamma B's Attic with my hectic work schedule, graduations, weddings, etc. It's time to get back to what I love-talking (virtually of course) and vintage decorating!

I spent part of last week painting, prepping, and primping my new and improved booth at the antique mall. I was overdue upgrading my tiny wall space as it was constantly overflowing with treasures I just couldn't pass up at yard sales or while rummaging through the thrift stores. My son and his girlfriend are also helping me with the booth as they've caught the vintage bug.

Here's some pics of our new booth. Our goals was to make it fun and cheerful! Hope you enjoy it!

A child's shelf holds a pink phone, tap shoes, elephant planter, and charming little girl's head planter.
We painted the white chippy shelf with chalkboard paint on the drawer and top and included some pretty pastel chalk and a pink and blue flower button. So cute!
A vintage acrobat clown, baby dolls, and red polka-dot scarf sit on a white wicker shelf.
A yellow hand painted flower cabinet sits in the corner. Vintage black purses hang from an old sage green coatrack.
An expanded view of the booth. We painted the drab, brown walls a bright, cheerful yellow. You can see it from the distance while heading down the aisle!
We painted these white shutters a sunny yellow and then distressed them to have the white show through. They sit behind some chippy white and yellow candlestick holders.
We accented the drawers and top of this desk with black paint and a flower applique to match the black chair with flower pad. An Eiffel Tower tea light sits on top and a handmade (sewn by me) flower chenille pillow rests on the chair.
A romantic scroll tea light holder sits on top of a black pedestal with a white wicker planter (found for .25 at a yard sale) behind it.
This man-in-the-moon toaster cookie jar is adorable and my fav item in the booth!
A flowered chenille bedspread sits on a green high-back chair at a shabby white farm table (we found the farm table at a yard sale for $5. It had stuff sitting on it and the guy selling it didn't think it was worth putting in the sale.).
I painted a white window pane black and added a gingham curtain to the back and a pretty scroll applique on the glass.
We painted the edges of this yellow twin bed with black and added a rose applique to the headboard and foot board.

Take care,

Di

No comments: