Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sowing Sweet Peas


Sweet Peas are the classic flowering vintage vine. No self-respecting shabby garden girl should be without one in her backyard oasis! Sweet Peas are fast-growing, fragrant, and will climb just about anything! In these penny pinching times, they’re hard to beat at $3.50 for a pack of 40.

Sweet Peas are a snap to plant. I just planted some beneath my black iron trellis. Hopefully their vines will reach the lantern I have hanging at the top. I can imagine myself in the near future sipping wine at sunset while the twinkling of firelight bounces off the pretty blooms.


If you haven't planted any Sweet Peas yet, put on your garden hat and get out in that yard!

Here's how to do it:

  • Dig a shallow trench about 1" deep
  • Plop seeds into trench about 2-3" apart
  • Cover with soil
  • Sprinkle a little flower fertilizer
  • Water with your "fav" pink watering can (I'm sure you have one!)

Sit back and enjoy!

Sweet dreams of sweet peas!

Di

2 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

Hi !
My sweetpeas say HELLO!~
Wish I had a pink watering can too!
Lea
<*)))><

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Di!
Thanks for the visit!
Hope your sweet peas are coming up! I will have to post you a picture of mine when they blOOm!
I read some of your blog and have to say I LOVELOVELOVE your pink roses china! WOW!
AND Love your name: Mamma B's... from your spunky Granny! swwwweeet.
I loved my Gram too.
Lea
<*)))><