Sunday, June 1, 2008

Show & Tell Sunday-Where oh where do you store your stuff?

Hello! Sorry I'm late posting this, but my beautiful twin nieces are graduating (their party is today). I've been running around trying to get everything done (and of course underestimating the time involved). The topic today is where do you store your stuff, or what's your studio look like?

My spare room, I mean "studio", is the place where I escape from the guys in my house when there's too much xbox, gory shows, or testosterone going on (please God, give me a Granddaughter someday). I must admit that it needs a bad cleaning, organizing, and sprucing up, but here's some pics (the dust has been edited out):
I make this cute little NEST sign out of wood letters and vintage glitter. It's the first thing I see when you open the door. It reminds me to slow down and relax.

I found this adorable vintage chalk board at the Idaho Youth Ranch for $15. I use it to try (I emphasise try) to stay organized.I love the colored chalk! It makes me feel like a kid again, and inspires play and creativity.

The black shelves hold treasures that are patiently waiting to be put on display in different parts of the house or garden. The are silently saying, "please put us somewhere other than this horribly unorganized shelf".

I also like to store items in picnic baskets. I have about 5 picnic baskets on shelves and on the floor holding more patient treasures. I often forget what I have in them until I finally open one up. Then, it's like Christmas all over again.

I also have the old standby boxes, boxes, and more boxes. Notice the vacuum also waiting patiently to be used.

Thanks to Cerri at Little Pink Studio for hosting today. Visit her site @ http://www.littlepinkstudio.typepad.com/ to check-out the other cool (and I'm sure organized) studios. I'm off to do 300 things in the next hour before the party. Have a good Sunday!


Di

8 comments:

Cami said...

I have a staging table too. Items that need to be listed in my eBay store and items I want to display. DH loves it when I use the kitchen counter!

Little Pink Studio said...

Thanks for playing along today!
~Cerri xo

Danielle Dyball said...

Omg, that chalk board is amazing... LOVE IT!! Love looking at your creative space!

Hope the party was fun!
Danielle:-)

Anonymous said...

I don't think your craft room is bad at all. Love your baskets and the birdcages!!! Thanks for sharing.

Kathy

Jeanne said...

That chalk board is so cool. That a great find that was. Writing on chalk boards always reminds me of my schooldays.
xo
jeanne

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

I have a bookshelf that I keep all my temporarily misplaced trasures. I plan on hanging a curtain over it but haven't done so yet. I wasn't brave enough to include it in my post. ;o) You've got a great workspace!

Jeanie said...

I love your chalk board! What would we do without those big bins? I enjoyed visiting! Thanks!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Love your studio! Too funny about the vacuum! My dog goes absolutely crazy when I use it ~ daughter swears it is because she doesn't know what it is!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents