Thursday, June 5, 2008

Graduation Party For The Twins!

Hello! My adorable twin nieces (Anna and Kate) graduated from high school last night. On Sunday, her parents threw them a party to blow out their high school years.

I remember the first time I saw the girls. I was pregnant with my son (Matt), and we had just moved to Boise. The girls must have been about 9 months old. I walked into their bedroom, and up popped one of the girls from their crib. She was the most beautiful baby I'd ever seen with huge blue eyes. Then, up popped another one! They stood there looking at me silently, and then they smiled.

I've been so blessed to have these girls in my life. Watching them grow up into beautiful women (both inside and out) has been so rewarding. They've given me the chance to be girly with sleep overs and shopping trips. Every Christmas Eve since they were little, they've come over to their 'Aunt Di's" to do a Christmas project. One year, we traced their small hands onto colored construction paper that I cut out into tree garland. Another year, we made homemade snow globes out of old pickle jars. And another, they wrote Christmas Eve stories complete with crayon pictures. They still have these treasures. It touches me every year when I see the garland on the tree, the goofy snow globes, or we laugh as we re-read the Christmas stories. They are both going off to college next year, and I will miss them more than they know.


My sister-in-law is also one of my best friends, and she's the one responsible for getting me hooked on vintage decorating. I think she took me to my first flea market in Sun Valley. I tell my husband, "it's your sissy's fault", when I haul another treasure home. Her house is also charming and decorated with vintage items. Here's some pics from the party including some of Susie's cute vintage garden decor.

Susie has a beautiful garden and likes to fill old milk bottles and glass jars with flowers.

Here she is with her beautiful daughters. Here's the proud Mom and Dad (Susie and Jon) with the girls.Great Grandma Beverly with adorable Gracie Mae. She is Susie's new and first Grandbaby from her older daughter, Sarah. She has those beautiful blue eyes that came from Great Grandma!A vintage bike in the garden.Me and my boys. Matt on the left. Mike on the right.The twins with their equally beautiful older sister Sarah (and Gracie Mae's Mom). A vintage cooler sits on a weathered garden bench flanked by birdhouse towers. Silver watering cans hang from iron bug and butterfly hooks. Anna and Gracie MaeKate and Sean playing red neck golf. I wonder who was the bigger redneck?A chippy red table and chair.My boys look like they're up to something. "Uh, no Mom, we didn't leave that milk out on the counter."The girls opening presents.I gave the girls what every college bound gal should have. A laundry basket, iron, towels, detergent, and hangers. I wove pink polka-dot ribbon through the plain white basket and hung their initial in sparkly silver on the front. A red metal table with folding leaves.More pics of the party gang.





Hope you enjoyed these as much as I did.
Sweet Dreams!

Di

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read the title and thought... Oh! Twins. But I see they are your nieces. I was ready to say... i have twins! However, the do look like very nice young ladies. I bet you are super proud of them. xoxo, joanna