Sunday, June 15, 2008

Show & Tell Sunday-Our Favorite Flea Treasures!

Hello! It's time for Show and Tell Sunday. Our topic this week is our fav flea market find. What made your heart skip a beat when you glanced it in the distance? Did you casually run over to grab it before someone else snatched it up?

Today's host is Heidi at Birds of a Feather. Pop over to her blog at http://hkwdesign.blogspot.com/ to see all the other fav flea market finds.

My number one flea market find is a vintage Cafeteria sign I spied at my fav shop in Boise, the Shabby House, during their "Sprintime in Paris" sale. It's the perfect color and style to complete my funky vintage kitchen (good thing my husband had several glasses of champagne before I looked at the price tag). I love it! Here's some pics of my kitchen with some other fav flea market finds:


A train whisks around the top of the kitchen to exotic locations.


I found this pair of black lamps with feathery fringe and vintage black iron plaques at a yard sale.






A 50s plastic lady is headed in for some won ton soup.

A pretty vintage lighted church sits on a stack of weathered books next to a large school clock.






A black iron Eiffel Tower mirrors a black and white print acquired recently at a yard sale for $5.

The Golden Gate bridge reminds me of our treasured time living in S.F. That's me in the background on the beach in Santa Cruz.
My cabinets are filled with modern black and white flower dishes that go great with my aluminum and black handled mixer collection.












Thanks for stopping by!




Di

5 comments:

Jenn said...

Ohhhh! Love that Eiffel Tower! Just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

wow! What a fun room! I love the train!
Denise Hull,Mass.

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a really unqiue kitchen! I love how you have all the little vignettes around everywhere & that cafeteria sign is something to swoon over!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Miss Gracie's House said...

Great finds!
Rene'

Betty said...

Oh my gosh! Your kitchen is so much fun!